Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cuatro de Mayo Blog

This Saturday, similar to most of my other Saturdays, was pretty eventful. I attended my first blogging tutorial today at De Anza High. Today was also the first time that I step foot into DA although my best friend goes there. 

Practice 
Crystal Tse and her cohort's chaperone
This school, through the worn out look, is pretty awesome. I can tell that this school is very well loved from all the banner-murals that decorates the hall. They all represent the different clubs that are available at the school. The way the lockers are arranged in the hallway made the school seem so much more unique and roomy.Then there's the computer lab where the tutorial was held. Although we did run into a few technical difficulties it is nice that they have their own server. 

At the beginning of the tutorial I got to meet face to face with my chaperone, Mr. Michael Mannix.  I can tell that this is going to be a great trip and I can't wait. I learned a lot from the tutorial, both about blogging and being an ILC student. Don taught us so many things about blogging such as the basics of posting a blog and how to take quality pictures. I got to write my first practice blog and it was pretty exciting. Don also shared interesting stories about past ILC events that gave us insight on what to do and what not to do. So many of silent questions were answered at the tutorial. I was kind of worry about having to lug laundry supplies over to the east coast and wasting luggage space but that's all clear up now. Don has made my first blogging experience such a great one and I cannot wait for the next. 

My day ended with a nice explosion-filled movie. My best friend, Crystal Tse ( who is a Browny and was also at the tutorial ), and I went to watch Iron Man 3 in IMAX at the Bay Street AMC. It was such an exhilarating movie and I felt like I was sort of in the movie. The only slightly bad thing was that I had to wear the 3D glasses in addition to the glasses I already have on in order for me to watch the movie.

I was pretty nervous about writing my first blog because I wasn't sure what to write. I have always had trouble with writing and I hope that by the end of this year it won't be so bad. I am really excited about attending Vanderbilt this summer and taking the Med School 101 course. I hope that this blog somewhat met the expectation of a good blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment