Sunday, July 21, 2013

An Uneventful Day at VSA

Today was the most uneventful day I have had at VSA. My day started at 8:30 AM when I woke up. I went to breakfast at 9. I stayed in the Commons Center and played pool and foosball from 10-12. This was a SOFT period, but I did not have anywhere I wanted to go. At 12 we had lunch, which was make your own taco salad. After lunch, we were supposed to go to the mall, but just after lunch, it started pouring rain. We waited about 30 minutes for the rain to clear up.

After the rain cleared, we went to the mall. We arrived at the mall at 2, and left at 4:30. I did not enjoy going to the mall. I am not a big shopping person, so I really don't see the point in going to malls. To make things worse, the vast majority of the stores were clothes stores. Clothes shopping is my least favorite kind of shopping. I ended up walking around the mall with Keli'i. He bought various items for his family, but I did not. He was done with his shopping by 3:30, so we just walked around the mall four additional times to burn some time. When we got back to Hank around 5 PM, we had free time until dinner at 6.

After dinner we had Trevia (trivia by Trevor, one of the Operations Assistants of VSA.) I did not enjoy this either. Trivia is just not my thing. I view it was a competition of who knows more random, useless factoids that happened to be asked. We were divided into teams by proctor group. We went though eight categories (ranging from geography to history to pop culture to sports) with 10 questions each. My group ended up getting 4th place out of the 16 proctor groups. I was not much of a help to the group, but I did know a couple of the answers.

After trivia we had a proctor meeting and free time on our floor. During this free time, I played cards with various floor mates. This was the best part of the day. As you can tell, I did not enjoy today. None of the activities suited my interests. I find it hard to believe that by midday Sunday, I was ready for the weekend to be over. This has never happened to me before. I can't wait for it to be Monday, so I can go back to class. I always enjoy Dawson's class and am never bored there. The sad part is that VSA is almost over: just 4 more days of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment